Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Event Update - Adam is Busy!

Wow! Lot's going on in the world of Adam's DJ Service!

I wanted to share some information about where we've been, what we've done and what we're doing presently and in the near future.

Two weekends ago, the Buckles Group hosted the Tacoma Dome Wedding Expo (www.bridesclub.com) and it was our first booth in a while, and yet another learning experience!

While the show was going on Saturday, we helped DJ, MC or provide equipment for events at Shilshole Bay Beach Club in Seattle, The Attic in Sumner, Waterways Cruises in Seattle, The Pagoda @ Point Defiance in Tacoma, Cedarbrook Center in Seatac and The Alexis Hotel in Seattle! Yes, a busy day! Then Sunday, I actually attended Day 2 of the Wedding Expo in Tacoma followed by my wife's cousin's wedding at the Liberty Theater in Puyallup (not a great place to have a wedding, if you want my opionion).

Monday the 14th, I attended my NACE meeting at the Bellevue El Gaucho. Tuesday was our South Sound chapter NACE meeting at The Heritage Room in Olympia, with awesome food from Occasions Catering! Saturday the 19th, we had events at Maggiano's Little Italy, Tacoma Golf & Country Club and the Golf Club at Newcastle. Sunday the 20th was no doubt a "farm" day as we participated in events at Tazer Valley Farm in Stanwood, Lord Hill Farms in Snohomish and Genesis Farm in Enumclaw!

Monday the 21st I had an event at Clover Park Technical College. That night, I attended our ABC meeting at the Woodland Park Zoo hosted by Lancer Catering. Tuesday I dropped by the Tacoma Art Museum to check the space out as we'll be providing music at their open house this Sunday from 5:30 to 8pm, thanks to our invitation from their new in-house food provider, Jonz Catering. Today I had a ribbon cutting and grand opening for the new Whirlpool warehouse in Spanaway, which is run by Penske Logistics. I even got my picture with the Maytag Man!

Leah Noland from Balloon Masters made some great decorations!

I also had a meeting with some fellow NACE people to help plan our auction at the LaQuinta in Tacoma. Then I went to a wedding networking group (www.meetup.com) at Three Chicks Catering's "The Venue On Union" in Tacoma. This weekend, we'll be participating in the South Sound Wedding Show at the Greater Tacoma Convention & Trade Center. I also have a wedding at the Spirit of Washington Event Center in Renton. Sunday I get to go on a short but much deserved vacation in Las Vegas - to be there for my friends Chris and Allison (www.chrisspringer.com)as they get married 10 years to the day they met!

As you can see, I am quite busy as the owner of my business. But I take great pride in educating myself and getting to know others who are passionate about helping people have successful events. This is why I encourage my clients to use me as a resource and allow me to do more than just show up to their events and play music! And I still have time to hang with my cute daughter, Elisa!

No comments:

Post a Comment