Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Happy New Year!

It seems we get busier every year during the holidays, but this year, everything seemed to come together perfectly for our clients, our family and our friends. Since our last post, we've had an array of events that I'd like to share with everyone.

We'll start with Tuesday December 22nd. Joel had to cover a wedding our DJ Travis was originally going to DJ because of a death in the family. The event took place at Salty's @ Alki and all sources point to a successful event! I had the pleasure of helping with a holiday party and going away party of sorts for my friend Tom Kelly, who worked for Lancer Catering at the Woodland Park Zoo. I brought my cousin Eric along to help out and we had a good time providing Karaoke Entertainment as you can see in the picture below.



The day after Christmas, I was honored to be a part of a wedding at the Tacoma Art Museum. My friends who own Jonz Catering provide the food there exclusively, and although I had to wait longer than the guests, I was lucky to get a bite of some great food they prepared. I was also lucky to meet Juan Perez, a piano player who played some tunes during cocktail hour and the meal.



That night, Joel DJ'd another cruise for City Lights Cruises and after the event I was told that they prefer Joel to do all future events for them! No problem!

On Sunday the 27th, I went with my wife and my Dad and saw Avatar in 3D on an IMAX screen...pretty cool! Monday the 28th, I DJ'd a wedding at Thornewood Castle and it couldn't have gone smoother. The groom even set up a laptop using Skype so his sister in England could see the ceremony!

On New Years Eve, DJ Eddie took his family down to Great Wolf Lodge and spent the day providing Karaoke for all the kids! I DJ'd a wedding at the Antheia Ballroom in Snohomish. It was my first wedding on NYE and I'd have to say that everything went well, however, the anticipation of midnight was a longer wait than some wanted. So some guests left before we rang in 2010 with a bang, but they missed out! Special thanks to Erica and Marcus for making my night special with a glass of champagne as Guy Lombardo's Auld Lang Syne played after Europe's Final Countdown led us to midnight!

This past weekend was the Tacoma Wedding Expo put on by Bridesclub.com and we managed to meet many potential clients and even booked 4 weddings at the show! Thank you to all who stopped by our booth and took some time to get to know us. Saturday night, I DJ'd a Sweet 16 Birthday for a local student and her friends at the Fife Community Center.

While at the show, my friend Nash Fung (the best magician in Western Washington!) took some video as he helped us out at our booth Sunday. He integrated it with some previous video we did for his blog. Please check it out:

Nash Fung Online Magic Show: Episode 3- Adam's DJ Service from Nash Fung on Vimeo.



So now I have a lot of followup and more wedding shows and open houses in the next few weeks. I'll stop by a few wedding shows in the next two weeks since we don't have booths at them (checking one out to see if we want to have a booth there at the Seattle Center show and the other to visit other friends as we're on the waiting list to have a booth!). Saturday, January 30th, we'll be at an open house at The Manor in Everett and another at the Holiday Inn in Seatac. We'll be taking some time off in February to celebrate my wife's birthday and we'll have some other birthday events and Valentine's Day events, and some weddings thereafter.

Again, Happy New Year and may 2010 be better than 2009!

No comments:

Post a Comment