Sunday, December 20, 2009

Happy Holidays!

Only a few more events and then one of the most cherished holidays will be here. Yes, another Christmas is upon us! We've been pretty busy since our last post.
November 28th, my cousin Eric and I helped my friends Jim and Gayle O'Donnell move stuff from their old location to their new location (All About Weddings). I'd say the move was a success! Another successful City Lights cruise on board the Emerald Star that night!

December 5th was one of two busy days this month. I DJ'd at a Costco holiday party at Emerald Downs. It was a pretty large event and we provided music in two rooms successfully! DJ Travis DJ'd at Sandpoint Golf & Country Club for a corporate client. DJ Joel DJ'd a Wedding at The Attic in Sumner. And our new DJ, Ben, had a great time DJing for Contour Aerospace at the Everett Yacht Club! December 6th I met some clients who ended up booking our friends at Gen X Pro, and then I went on an industry cruise on board The Islander. Monday the 7th, my wife Ellen cooked up a festive feast for some catering friends. Her Shrimp Saviche, Mango Jicama Salad and Frito Chili Pie were all a hit...so was our white elephant gift exchange!



Tuesday December 8th, I visited the Seattle DJ Association meeting. Saw some good friends/competitors and met some new DJ's. I had a good drink at the Cafe Metropolitan called "Sex With An Alligator!"

Thursday the 10th was Santa Darrell day at Wells Fargo Plaza in Tacoma. My grandpa, who worked in that building most of his life, goes back every year as santa and takes pictures with all the employees of all the companies in that building. He gives out $1,000,000 bills (not real of course) and candy canes, and people can pick up prints of their pictures at the front desk the next morning. Here's one with my mom, my grandpa and me!



Friday December 11th was another busy day for Adam's DJ Service. I jumped through some hoops to DJ an event at Fort Lewis (American Lake Club) for the Commissary employees. I sent DJ Joel and DJ Jesse to a wedding at Kiana Lodge in Poulsbo. DJ Travis DJ'd a holiday party for Nordic Construction at Titlow Beach Lodge. And part timer DJ Sean DJ'd a Sweet 16 Birthday Party in Federal Way! The following night, DJ Jesse was at Pete's Pool in Enumclaw DJing for a charity that donates food to the Enumclaw and Maple Valley food banks. I was DJing my family Christmas party at my uncle Rodger's house in Lakeland Hills...we had fun that night...


...at least my cousin Jake and his friend did!

After a much needed recovery day Sunday the 13th, Monday the 14th I met with some fellow wedding professionals at a nice little restaurant in Belltown. Looking forward to what the Wedding Network USA will do for Adam's DJ Service! Tuesday the 15th, I DJ'd another event for New Horizons Ministries - for the homeless youth in Seattle. That event always breaks my heart, but I'm glad I can help entertain people while they get a free mead enjoy the warmth inside that facility.

Thursday the 17th, I DJ'd the corporate holiday party for Expedia.com in Bellevue - I was hired to provide our Karaoke services. What a wild bunch! Even the CEO sang "London Calling" by The Clash! DJ Travis DJ'd a holiday party for TGB Architects at the Edmonds Yacht Club. Yesterday, I got all of my Christmas shopping done and then I took my family out on a cruise, onboard the Olympic Star at Waterways Cruises in Seattle. As I mentioned on my Facebook profile, "It was a great time! Chef Udo cooked up some awesome food, including a great dessert! Captain Ron and crew at Waterways Cruises were awesome last night! Matthew Meldon was great on the guitar! The weather was great! Just an overall good time with the Tiegs family. If anyone wants to go on a nice cruise, call Corine Cooper @ www.waterwayscruises.com!"

Today, I DJ'd a local wedding, DJ Eddie a wedding at the Hansen Place in Sumner, and DJ Joel a house party in Tacoma. Tomorrow, it's another City Lights cruise, also aboard the Olympic Star, a Wedding Tuesday, that holiday, then more weddings, NYE, a wedding show in Tacoma (Bridesclub Wedding Expo), and maybe a day off soon! We'll see...

Here's to a wonderful 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment